This Sports Light is one of our best sellers and can be used as a Stadium Flood, Outdoor Security Light or for any Outdoor Perimeter Lighting applications. It is rugged and completely gasketed making it suitable for wet locations. Since 1998, we have sold hundreds of these fixtures to satisfied customers ranging from the U.S. Military to Municipalities as well as to various Sports teams. This is one of the most powerful lights we have in our assortment. Each fixture produces 100,000 lumens (160,000 initial lumens) inundating the field with high quality white light.Product Specifications:
How to Wire a Sports Light for Different Voltages
- Ballast housing and reflector assembly are made of cast aluminum with a Dark Bronze finish.
- There are 3 ways of mounting the sports light: Yoke mount bracket, slip-fitter bracket or bolt. All 3 options are available as accessories and listed below this product’s web listing for ease of purchase. Bolt is galvanized 5/8”-11 with exposed bolt length of 1.5”. For attaching the yoke mount assembly, 2 holes with rubber plugs are provided on either side of the ballast housing. An additional hole is provided (see bottom view photo for ballast housing) for mounting the bolt. We can either provide this bolt at no extra charge when we ship from our factory or you can install it after receiving the product.
- A Neoprene gasket is provided along the clamp-band that secures the glass to the reflector assembly in front. This makes the reflector assembly completely sealed to keep contaminants and moisture out. The cover of the ballast housing is also gasketed as shown in the image titled “Ballast housing”
- The socket housing where the reflector assembly attaches with 4 screws with a gasket is made of die cast aluminum and can be adjusted vertically with an adjustable bolt. The aiming angles are clearly marked on one side of this assembly with raised print. Sports Light can be adjusted from 0 degrees (in line with ballast housing) to a perpendicular position allowing 90 degrees of aiming angle.
- There are 3 types of light distribution patterns that this Sports Light can provide. NEMA 3, NEMA 4 and NEMA 5. Please choose any combination of these options when ordering as each light distribution pattern requires either a different reflector or a different reflector aiming assembly combination.
- The socket for the 1,500 watt Metal Halide bulb is UL Listed and is made of porcelain (1500W, 600V, 5kv pulse rated). It has a Mogul base.
- This fixture is suitable for -30C or -22F
- The weight of this fully assembled Sports Light is 49 lbs. This weight does not include the mounting accessories.
- EPA for 1,500 Watt Sports Light differs based on the NEMA light distribution assembly and is as follows: 2.2 sq. ft. (Type 5-19”) / 2.5 sq.ft. (Type 4 or 5) / 2.9 sq. ft. (Type 3).