- Can I trust Lightmart.com with my order?
Lightmart.com is one of the oldest online retailers specifically focused on commercial lighting, light poles and accessories since 1998! We only sell products manufactured by reputable sources that our staff is familiar with to maximize the smoothness of your transaction.
In the last 18 years, we have served thousands of electrical contractors and commercial lighting professionals. We do not sell every lighting product you can think of, but you can rest assured that whatever commercial grade product we offer has been tested and used by us so that you can be happy with your purchase for many years.
- Who can buy from Lightmart.com?
- Lightmart.com sells directly to electrical contractors, lighting professionals, facility managers, municipalities and government entities. We do not have reps and distributors you need to go through. You can buy online at Lightmart.com or by calling us at 1-800-443-8254.
- Does Lightmart.com have showrooms or retail outlets?
- No, Lightmart.com does not have any retail outlets or showrooms where customers can visit and browse our products. Lightmart.com has multiple automated warehouses across the country to minimize transit time for orders. Customers are not allowed to visit and purchase products directly from these warehouses.
- How can I buy from Lightmart.com?
You can either shop securely online at www.lightmart.com 24 hours a day, 365 days a year or call us at 1-800-443-8254 Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8 AM – 7 PM CST.
- Does Lightmart.com offer quantity discounts?
Yes, many of the products list the quantity discount offered but if you do not see it and are interested in purchasing a large quantity you can contact us by:
E-mailing us at: email@example.com
Completing an online quote request by clicking here: Request a Quote
Calling us at 1-800-443-8254
- What are the hours of operation for Lightmart.com?
Our online store is open 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.
Our representatives and advisors are available by phone Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8 AM – 7 PM CST at 1-800-443-8254.
- Where is Lightmart.com located?
- Our corporate office is in Palatine, Illinois. However, we do not have a showroom, and we do not store or ship any products from our corporate office in Palatine, Illinois. We ship from multiple automated warehouses across the country, but customers are not allowed to visit and purchase products directly from these warehouses due to strict insurance rules.
- Can I become a vendor to Lightmart.com?
Lightmart.com has stringent quality standards and only works with reputable suppliers with proven history of quality products/service and financial strength. Lightmart.com only considers vendors that have been in business for 10 or more years.
If you would like to become a vendor, please do not call our 800 number as it is reserved only for our customers who place orders or are checking on their orders. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- How do I pay when I make a purchase from Lightmart.com
- Lightmart.com requires full prepayment on all orders. We offer terms to a select group of customers such as cities and municipalities, schools and colleges, other government entities, Fortune 500 companies and companies with very strong financials. To be considered for terms please e-mail email@example.com.
- What payment methods are accepted?
- We accept all major credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. We also accept checks and wire transfers. If you would like to pay with a check or make a wire transfer, please contact one of our sales advisors by calling 1-800-443-8254 to learn more about the details.
- Does Lightmart accept Purchase Orders?
- Yes, Lightmart.com accepts Purchase Orders from a select group of customers only if you have applied for credit and got approved. Please see our strict requirements for credit application and how to apply above.
- Does Lightmart charge Sales Tax?
- Only if the order is shipping to Illinois. If the order is shipping to any state other than Illinois, Lightmart.com does not charge sales tax.
- How much does Lightmart.com charge for shipping?
If your order total is less than $150, you will be charged a flat rate of $9.95 for the entire order.
For most orders totaling $150 or more shipping is Free! HOWEVER, some products require a shipping surcharge due to their size and complexity regardless of the order total. If applicable, shipping surcharges are noted on the detail page of the product.
Additional shipping charges will apply to orders shipped outside the 48 contiguous states and to orders shipped via upgraded services (Next Day, 2nd Day, etc.). For shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands, please contact us at 1-800-443-8254 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to get an estimate before placing your order. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
- Do you ship to Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. territories, or Canada?
- Yes, provided the product/order can be shipped via ground services such as UPS or FedEx. Additional shipping charges will apply. Freight shipments to these locations; however, will be shipped to a Freight Forwarder designated by the customer. The customer is responsible for freight charges and coordination of shipment from the forwarder to the final destination. Call 1-800-443-8254 to place an order.
- Do you ship to overseas International locations?
- Although we have many international customers, Lightmart.com only ships to forwarders within the United States. Please contact us at 1-800-443-8254 or e-mail us at email@example.com to discuss your international shipping needs.
- What is Lightmart.com’s Warranty?
- Aluminum and Fiberglass light poles have a 10 Year Warranty. Most LED products have a 5 Year Warranty. Some LED fixtures have 10 Year Warranty. HID products have 1 Year Warranty.
- How long will it take for me to receive my order?
Lightmart.com has distribution facilities across the country. Consequently, the actual delivery duration will vary based on the proximity of the delivery location to the distribution facilities. Lightmart.com is not responsible for delivery delays beyond Lightmart’s control such as fire, flood, accident, strike, riot, civil commotion, Act of God, Act of Terrorism, acts or mistakes of carriers. We ship via ground service unless you indicate otherwise and agree to pay additional surcharges associated with expedited delivery. Please call us at 1-800-443-8254 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your rush needs.
In addition, some of our products are made-to-order and are not stock items. For made-to-order items, Lightmart.com will provide the lead time within 24 business hours of order placement.
- Who is responsible for unloading my order?
- Lightmart and its freight carriers do not unload products. Unloading is the sole responsibility of the recipient (customer) and recipient (customer) is required to provide all necessary equipment and/or manpower at the time of delivery.
- What happens if my product is not in stock and is on backorder?
- Lightmart stocks many of our products; however, some products may be on back order from time to time due to high demand. In these cases, you will receive an e-mail notification to the email address provided at the date of order that the product is back ordered. At that time if estimated in stock dates are available they will be provided. If no estimated date is available Lightmart.com may offer a substitute product which the customer would be responsible for any additional charges for that product or a credit will be issued if the charges are lower. Lightmart.com will not automatically substitute any product without your consent. Also, some of our products are made-to-order and are not stock items. For made-to-order items, Lightmart.com will provide the lead time within 24 business hours of order placement.
- What is Lightmart.com’s Return Policy?
- Lightmart.com accepts returns or exchanges on products only if:
1) You notify us within 14 days of receipt of product
2) You obtain an R.G.A. number (Return Good Authorization Number) by calling 1-800-443-8254. A Restocking Charge of 25% plus any manufacturing costs incurred to LightMart.com will apply if Lightmart.com did not commit an error in shipping the product or if the product was not defective. Refunds are made by original method of payment less the restocking and manufacturing charges. All returns must arrive in the original packaging and must be unused. Freight charges for the shipment and return of goods will be the responsibility of the customer except for reasons of Lightmart error or defect.
- Are all products returnable?
- No. Some items such as poles, pole accessories and any custom or made-to-order products are NOT returnable.
- Can I cancel my order?
In-Stock Products - You can cancel an order without incurring any cancellation fees only if the products have not been shipped and products have not been customized specifically for your project.
Made-To-Order Products – A cancellation fee may apply for made-to-order items dependent on the item and timing of the cancellation. Cancellation fees vary by product. Please call 1-800-443-8254 to determine cancellation fee.
- What if I receive the wrong item(s) or if it is damaged?
Although Lightmart.com strives to make no errors, in case you receive the wrong merchandise or if the merchandise you receive is damaged, please call us within 7-days of delivery and make all claims for replacement or credit. To return any wrong or damaged item, please call 1-800-443-8254 and receive an R.G.A (Return Good Authorization). For damaged orders, keep the original box and all packaging materials for possible inspection by the carrier and/or return to Lightmart.com. Lightmart.com may at any time limit the number of delivery attempts based on unfavorable delivery history resulting from, but not limited to, damage, loss, or theft.
We may not be able to assist you with your claim if you exceed the 7-day time limit.
- Does Lightmart keep my information and my e-mail address confidential?
- Absolutely Yes! Lightmart.com never shares any customer information with any other entity and fully respects the privacy and confidentiality of all customers’ information.